Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Who am I ?

Who am I?

  • I am not a fish, I am a mammal.
  • I have lots of fat called blubber.
  • I have a long body and a powerful tail.
  • I have an enormous mouth.
  • I live in the Ocean.
  • I swim in groups called Pods.
  • A male is called a Bull.
  • A female is called a Cow.
  • A baby is called a Calf.
  • I migrate to warm water.
  • My tail fin is called a flute.
  • My ears are inside my head under my skin.
  • My flipper helps me to steer.
  • My blubber keeps me warm.
  • I can hold my breath for up to 1 hour.
  • When it is dark I use my hearing to find my way around in dark water.
  • There are 40 types of me in the ocean.
  • When i jump out of the water it is called breaching, which is a form of play.


I am a Whale!!










Today in literacy we were learning about Whales.
 Here are 20 interesting facts I have learnt.



0 comments:

Post a Comment